SAF is a way to automate and repeat configuration changes in SharePoint using "Actions". These actions can then be grouped together as Xml into a "Macro" and then run from a Feature, STSADM command. MSBuild or WCF Service (coming soon).
SAF v2 - has major improvements includng ...
Feature / Improvement
- Upgraded SAF to use Spring 1.3 RC1
- Added support for Conditions to an IAction (Macro and Action)
- Released an MSBuild Task so that SAF can easily be run from MSBuild Proj files
- Support added for Property Values to be set by Expressions not just literal "values"
- PlaceHolders can be set dynamically - allowing one Action or Entity to supply values to another later down the pipeline
- Attributes added for Input and Output - allowing Entity Properties to be declaritively set
- Automatic PlaceHolders can now be set from your *.config, Registry, Environment Variables or User Generated by yourself
- Changed the IAdapter.OnGetMacro() to include the old Macro Report.
- StsAdmin Action has now been given the ability to supply Commnads for "Do" and "Undo". Hence, the Spring XML will need to change. please see examples.
- Powersell Action has now been given the ability to supply Scripts for the "Do" and "Undo". Hence, the Spring XML will need to change. please see examples.